[Catalyst] Web hosting?

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Sun Dec 16 04:59:44 GMT 2007

DreamHost is used by a few of us. It has several caveats. They
oversell and are somewhat dishonest about how they do it and what
their definitions for "disk usage" are. They have more outages than
some hosts (I would not put a 24/7 business there) b/c they let a lot
of dynamic, db-heavy, sites sit on boxes together. That said, they
have a nice control panel, they usually do seem to try to please,
they are typically zippy for flat files, and I can't find anyone else
who offers half of what they do, including fastcgi to run you Cat
app, for $8/month.

I've been there for 4 years for about 15 sites. There is a Catalyst
promotion code so that your signup goes to benefit Cat development.
Check the archives or (better still, they've changed how referrals
work in the last year) wait for someone else to post it again.

-Ashley