[Catalyst] javascript in Catalyst using Template Toolkit

John Romkey romkey at apocalypse.org
Thu Dec 20 19:11:50 GMT 2007

Two recommendations, assuming the Javascript file isn't meant to be  =

modified at runtime:

First, use an absolute path to the file in your script tag, ie:  =

<script src=3D'/static/clock.js'> or use $c->uri_for() to compute the  =

path.

Second, serve the Javascript file from your static directory so that  =

Catalyst is bypassed. This will help performance and caching as well  =

(I embed version numbers in the filenames to help avoid new code from  =

getting old cached versions of my Javascript files, so I would have  =

something like <script src=3D'/static/clock-0.1.js'> in my code).

If those don't solve the problem, what turns on up the Javascript  =

console of your browser? Is the script file just not being found or is  =

your browser getting errors trying to execute it?
	- john romkey
	http://www.romkey.com/