[Catalyst] Re: javascript in Catalyst using Template Toolkit

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Dec 22 11:33:27 GMT 2007

* Daniel McBrearty <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> [2007-12-22 00:30]:
> on the other hand, if you are running your app on a server that you
> own and do admin for, and don't have such admin problems to negotiate,
> it would be fine, eh? horses for courses and all that.

Is it appreciably less work to omit the `[% c.uri_for('') %]`?

It less than 20 extra characters up front. If you omit then, you
won’t even notice the saved effort. But believe you me, if you
ever do need to deploy to a location you didn’t anticipate, and
you’re faced with updating *all* the links you wrote *at once*,
you *will* notice that effort, many times over.

It’s like cheating a cashier out of a three pennies.

Regards,