[Catalyst] fastcgi, production catalyst and sigpipe

Bernhard Graf catalyst3 at augensalat.de
Thu Dec 27 16:29:11 GMT 2007

Ruben Fonseca wrote:

> I can't believe it... no updates for like 6 years, and now I had the
> 0.17 version...
>
> Well red the Changelog, seems related to my problem. Installed the
> new version, rebooted the manager, and let's hope the bug don't hit
> me again :-)
>
> Thank you Jonathan!

The problem seemed to be related to the FastCGI's daemonize mode (-d):
http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2007/18 - Caveats

In last year's advent calender JR gave advice how to run an external
FastCGI server with daemontools, where this problem doesn't seem to
arise (besides other benefits):
http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2006/4
--
Bernhard Graf