[Catalyst] FormBuilder + C::C::Formbuilder memory leak fixes

Victor Igumnov victori at lamer0.com
Thu Feb 1 00:27:51 GMT 2007

To see the impact of the memory leak.

Run broken.pl first which will run formbuilder against your installed
version.
It will create a new formbuilder instance over and over, watch top -o
size as it grows to 100-200 megs in just a few seconds.

Now run fixed.pl  - works great don't it? No memory leaks what so ever.

I have also included a CatTest catalyst project which uses
C::C::FormBuilder. With everything patched up the process stays at
~14 megs while being hammered by ab -n 900 -c 100 http://localhost:
3000/.

So the question is am I the only one using formbuilder? This leak was
very obvious.

All tests pass for both projects.

http://temp.fabulously40.com/~victori/CGI-FormBuilder-3.05-memfix.tbz

-victor