[Catalyst] $c->detach and $c->action

Michael Reece mreece at vinq.com
Thu Feb 1 02:05:09 GMT 2007

is there something like detach that will also set the current
'action' to the one being detached to?

my MyApp::C::Root->end does something like

if (!$c->stash->{template}) {
   $c->stash->{template} = $c->action->namespace . '/' . $c->action-
 >name . '.html';
}

and my wish is to be able to detach to another action in such a way
that by the time 'end' is called, $c->action points to the new
action, so that the calling/original action need not explicitly
specify the template that would have been the default had the new
action been the original action (what a horrid sentence -- my
apologies!).

i'm trying to find a way to do this without re-doing all the hard
work that forward() does to determine the proper action to execute..

thanks,
michael.