[Catalyst] chained actions, knowing if current action is an endpoint or not

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 17:18:51 GMT 2007

--- "Dami Laurent (PJ)" <laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch>
wrote:

> Dear Catalysters,
>
> I would like to set up an action chain where the
> entry point to the
> chain (first action) has to do different things
> depending on whether
> there is another action down the chain or not.
>
> Is there a way in the API to ask Catalyst about what
> is pending in the
> rest of the action chain ? or a way to know if the
> current action is
> being used as an endpoint or not ?
>
> Thanks in advance, L. Dami

You could check the action attributes via
$c->action->attributes->{...} to look for an Args.
That would tell you it's an endpoint.  Or try looking
at Catalyst::ActionContainer and see if there is
something in there that gets you to the information
you need.  I'd do a $c->log->_dump($c->action) and see
what's in there.

Wish I could offer more help.  --john