[Catalyst] getting the role id

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 17:59:49 GMT 2007

Ok, thank you. I will try it.

Octavian

  ----- Original Message ----- =

  From: Jason Kohles =

  On Feb 4, 2007, at 6:52 AM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

    Hi,

    Is it possible to get the id of the roles of the current user from $c->=
user?

    I found that I can get the role names using $c->user->roles, but I need=
 the id of those roles.
    Do I need to make another query to the database for finding this?

  If you are using the normal many-to-many method for mapping roles, someth=
ing like this:

  User->has_many( 'map_user_role', 'User::Role', 'user_id' );
  User->many_to_many( 'roles', 'map_user_role', 'role' );

  Then you can get the roles objects with $c->user->roles, and the User::Ro=
le objects with $c->user->map_user_role.

  -- =

  Jason Kohles
  email at jasonkohles.com
  http://www.jasonkohles.com/
  "A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire

---