[Catalyst] Reaction Development?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Feb 6 15:55:07 GMT 2007

On 6 Feb 2007, at 15:33, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> --- Jason Kohles <email at jasonkohles.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 5, 2007, at 5:58 PM, John Napiorkowski wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there a test suite for Reaction other than the
>>> sample application at the source control site?
>>> Because I have a patch to fix a problem with the
>> DBIC
>>> action reflector not properly creating actions for
>>> DBIC classes in a deep hierarchy (like
>>> myschema::membership::members) but since I could
>> never
>>> get the sample app to run I can't write a test for
>> the
>>> problem (and I know a patch without a test won't
>> be
>>> accepted).
>>>
>> Any chance you could share the patch even though it
>> doesn't have
>> tests yet?  I've been looking for this bug off and
>> on for the last
>> three or four days, it's been driving me crazy...
>
> Not sure if this is the same bug as what is causing
> you trouble.  My problem is when I have 'deep'
> hierarchies under my DBIC Schema, something like:
>
> /myapplib
>   /Schema
>     db.pm, # inheriting from DBIx::Class::Schema
>       /db
>         /membership
>           members.pm #inherit from DBIx::Class
>
> so the package name for that "members.pm" file would
> be something like:
>
> package myapplib::Schema::db::membership::members;
>
> I found the actions that the action reflector would
> create would look something like:
>
> catapp::Model::Action::Createmembers
> catapp::Model::Action::Deletemembers
> catapp::Model::Action::Updatemembers

Which is why I'm mostly using the ->reflect_action_for syntax and
using Model::Membership::Members::Action::Create and similar, to go
with the way stuff works by default in InterfaceModel::Object-

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for