[Catalyst] memory usage of mod_perl process

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Feb 8 15:03:57 GMT 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 11:56:09AM +0000, Fayland Lam wrote:
> hi, all
>
> we are using mod_perl to run our Catalyst App with DBIx::Class and Template.
>
> but the memory usage of each process seems to be 95 m. it's pretty high!
> we have more 60+ pms.

Are pms number of entries in %INC?

I have 464 entries in %INC, but that's hardly a good measurement
considering how small some of the plugins are.  So maybe pms means
something else?  Sure does to my wife.

Top shows:

26074 www-data  15   0 72188  51m 6184 S  3.3  5.1   0:07.60 apache2

> I want to ask you guys how many memory usage for your Catalyst App? and
> is FastCGI any better? which one do you pick for Catalyst? mod_perl,
> FastCGI and anything else?

A lot of people seem to like FastCGI.  I started out using a FastCGI
setup but restarts were taking a long time (seemed every FastCGI
process had to compile the application).  I moved to mod_perl and
much happier now.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org