[Catalyst] Bread crumb

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Thu Feb 8 15:10:23 GMT 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Peter Karman wrote:

> Jason Kohles scribbled on 2/6/07 8:33 AM:
>
>> It still feels a little kludgy, but this is how I'm doing it
>> currently...
> [...]
>
> fwiw, that is pretty close to how
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~tigris/Catalyst-Plugin-Breadcrumbs-5/lib/
> Catalyst/Plugin/Breadcrumbs.pm
>
> does it.

After looking at that I suspect that I simply stole the code from
there and made a few modifications over time.  I still don't much
like the way that it is working especially now that I'm starting to
get into Reaction and my breadcrumb code is generating a trail that
links to invalid URLs.  Since I've switched to using almost
entirely :Chained paths, I'm considering an approach like Reactions -
 >push_controller, where each step in the chain can have the option
to push a breadcrumb entry onto a stack...

> I have been using a (modified) version of C::P::Breadcrumbs for a
> while and it works ok.

I haven't had any major complaints about it, I think the only reason
I stole the code instead of using the module was that I didn't like
that it built the breadcrumb trail from join('/', $c->namespace,
$action), so I modified it to use $c->req->path instead..

--
Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com
http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire