[Catalyst] HTTP redirect - delayed Firefox

Svilen Ivanov svilen.ivanov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 21:08:54 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm experiencing very odd issues when I'm trying to make HTTP redirect
with '$c->res->redirect'.

I use the development server with option "-k - keep alive". If I make
HTTP redirect, Firefox 2.0.0.1 waits exactly 5 seconds before it loads
the new location. If I disable the keep alive the 5-second delay is
gone. Konqueror behaves the same way. Internet Explorer (surprise,
surprise) is exact opposite  - it doesn't work at all w/o keep alive,
and if the keep alive is enabled, there is no delay. Opera works OK w/
or w/o keep-alive - no delay.

I've read few postings that explains the IE and keep alive issues but
I couldn't explain why FF/Konqueror wait 5 sec before executing the
redirect if keep alive is on.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Svi

P.S. I can supply HTTP request/responses captured with Ethereal if needed