[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader::Environment on windows

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sat Feb 10 03:48:56 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 21:03, Greg McAlpin wrote:
> Hi.
>
>   Trying to install Angerwhale and running into a problem with one of the
> tests for Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader::Environment.  I hope that it's
> okay to post this to this list.  I would appreciate any help.

I suggest installing it under Cygwin -- you're going to have lots of trouble
with the dependencies (Cache::FastMmap isn't going to work, probably) on
plain Windows.  I know for a fact that Angerwhale works fine under Cygwin,
though; I occasionally do development there.

> C:\xampp\perl\cpan\build\Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader-Environment-0.01>cat
> test01.txt BAR:  bar
> FOO_BAR_BAZ:  quux
> root:
> C:\xampp\perl\cpan\build\Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader-Environment-0.01\t\li
>b\TestApp\root home:
> C:\xampp\perl\cpan\build\Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader-Environment-0.01\t\li
>b\TestApp FOO:  foo

Looks like Windows uppercases environment variables, which UNIX doesn't.  You
can safely remove ConfigLoader::Environment from Angerwhale, though -- it's
only used during the tests and if you're deploying on UNIX and using
something like envdir for configuration.

However, suggestions for making ConfigLoader::Environment work cleanly on both
Windows and UNIX are welcome.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,