[Catalyst] Using C::P::A::ACL and C::M::FormBuilder together?

Troy Davis troy at digissance.com
Mon Feb 12 21:36:21 GMT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I think I might have a chicken and egg problem here. I've been using
C::P::A::ACL to wall off actions by role, and until I added
C::M::FormBuilder to the mix, it was working as expected. Once I
added FormBuilder, I had routines like this:

sub add : Local {
	my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
	$c->forward(add_priv);
}

sub add_priv : Private Form {
	my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
	my $form = $self->formbuilder;
	$c->stash->{template} = "MyModule/add";
}

But that gives me this error: Couldn't forward to command "add_priv":
Invalid action or component.

Changing from Private to Action allows the forward to work, but now
the ACL is no longer enforced (although I can see the rule being
loaded in the debug output). This isn't unexpected, the C::P::A::ACL
docs say it only works with Private.

Is there a way to use these two modules together?

Thank You,
Troy