[Catalyst] Re: Why I chose Perl and Catalyst

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:46:04 GMT 2007

> Basically, this is a good list if you want to argue "Perl vs.
> another contemporary dynamic language," but it makes little
> distinction when you're trying to contrast Perl against Java.

fair point, but I don't see the point in that battle. There *is* an
element of taste to programming language choice, and so it should be;
who will write the code and what they like using *is* a substantial
input into the decision process.

If we are having this discussion from a "how can we get java heads to
use perl" POV, I think we are wasting our time ... :-)  - if not, what
is your point?

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com