[Catalyst] Dreamhost for Catalyst

Toby Corkindale toby at ymogen.net
Thu Feb 15 15:16:31 GMT 2007

Danny Warren wrote:
> Here is the part where you get flooded with host recommendations from
> everyone!
>
> I use these guys: http://asmallorange.com/
[snip]
> I was able to compile everything else I needed for catalyst in my home
> dir, and had a fastcgi + catalyst setup going without any problems. They
> also seemed interested in making Catalyst available by default, which
> would be really cool.  I haven't circled back and talked to them about
> that yet (I was just trying to make sure that it worked in the first
> place before I totally dove in to catalyst).
>
> Here is the test page, running under fcgi and connecting to postgres:

That is good! I couldn't see anything the the smallorange sales pages
about them supporting postgres or fastcgi, but if they support it,
that's excellent, and what I'm after.
Are you running PostgreSQL in your own account space, or are you
connecting to some shared database on their servers?

asmallorange definately appear to be running much newer versions of
software than dreamhost, which is nice.

Cheers
Toby