[Catalyst] Using C::C::FormBuilder With DBIC

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 09:25:34 GMT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have been experimenting with Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder.  I'm
trying to provide an edit form for objects read from and written to the DB
via DBIx::Class.  Have FormBuilder automatically load the data from DBIC
into the form seems pretty easy with something like:

    my $widget =3D $c->model('MyAppDB::Widget')->find($id);
    my $form =3D $self->formbuilder;
    $form->values($widget->get_columns);

However, an elegant way of writing the data back out is not jumping out at
me.  I know I could manually copy each field out of the $form object to my
$widget object, but it seems like there should be simple way to do it all in
one line like I got with the "$form->values($widget->get_columns);" above.

Any suggestions?  What are other folks doing for C::C::FormBuilder and DBIC?

Thanks,
Kennedy