[Catalyst] best way to create a flexible, multiple key, CRUD application?

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:35:26 GMT 2007

Hi,

Just one explanation - the DBSchema.pm you mention in your email is
generated by InstantCRUD.  The generation part is quite complicated
since Jonas Alves added support for the many-to-many relations, but if
you just edit the generated files and add the additional primary keys
it should work.

Anyway I stopped development of Instant untill I have a more clear
picture of what underlaying libraries to use and untill I have some
additional functionality in them.

--
Zbyszek

On 2/18/07, Francesc Romà i Frigolé <francesc.roma+catalyst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to create a web application which is basically CRUD, and I was
> wondering if there is a scaffolding script that can do it for catalyst. It
> has to support tables with composite primary keys.
>
> I thought InstantCRUD would be a good solution but i quickly discovered that
> it doesn't handle composite primary keys ( it actually says it on the
> documentation ). I naively thought that it wouldn't take much time to add
> such functionality, and I started preparing a patch for it. I actually
> managed it to work for Edit/Update and Delete (I think so), but I got stuck
> with the Create part. The problem is, at least, that InstantCRUD depends on
> DBSchema.pm which has the same limitation.
>
> Now I got the feeling I'm wasting my time because somebody must already have
> a solution for this problem, right?
>
> BTW: I've seen a lot of talk about Reaction on the list recently but I
> haven't quite got what is it about, and apparently is undocumented. Does it
> have any relation with CRUD?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Francesc

> Searchable archive: