[Catalyst] Date::Calc and Date::Calendar with Catalyst?

Dave Morriss m.paradoxa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:36:15 GMT 2007

I'm building a first Catalyst app for recording people's holidays in
my organisation. I would like to use the ability of Date::Calendar to
record and compute the dates of statutory holidays within calendar
objects, then perform date calculations against these calendars. I
have to calculate number of work days between a start and end date,
for example. I don't see the point of storing this stuff in a database
since it's all derivable from year to year, and doesn't seem to
warrant the management overhead.

I am assuming I need to use a plugin to achieve what I want. I notice
there's a C::Plugin::DateTime, but apparently nothing that will help
me. My level of understanding of Catalyst is "beginner", even "raw
beginner" :-)

Question 1: Will I need to build my own plugin to achieve what I want,
or is there another way?

Question 2: Is there a plugin writer's HOWTO?

Thanks
--
Dave Morriss