[Catalyst] debugging the login

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 2 17:34:30 GMT 2007

On 29 Dec 2006, at 08:07, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> From: "Ash Berlin" <ash at cpan.org>
>
>> "Something else" is the case here. If you try "$c->user;" in a
>> controller I suspect it will give you same error as from the
>> template.
>>
>> As to the exact cause, hard to say, but its something to do with
>> authentication setup.
>

> Aha, so it is a known issue? Does it happends all the time, or $c-
> >user works well in some cases?

No, it isn't a known issue. It works perfectly in every application
I've ever written.

Therefore, I can only assume you've done something wrong, but yet
*again* you haven't provided enough information for me to be able to
help you at all.

Please, *please* when telling us things are going wrong provide as
much information as possible - including as much controller code as
is relevant, the application startup and debug logs, and anything
else you can think might be useful. When you first joined this list
you'll have been sent a message that included a link to http://
catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html - I suggest you go back and
read it again, you'll save yourself and the people generously trying
to help you a lot of trouble.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for