[Catalyst] creating a model

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:42:41 GMT 2007

From: "Matt S Trout" <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>

> Because we aren't psychic and can't magically solve your windows
> installation problems without you ACTUALLY TELLING US WHAT WENT  WRONG?
> No, wait, I don't think other languages' developers have ESP  either :)
>
> Try the Catalyst-Runtime packages from http://ppm.tcool.org/ or  report
> the problems you encountered getting Catalyst to install under  windows -
> we have users quite happily using both ActiveState perl and  Vanilla Perl
> to run it on windows. If you don't tell us what went  wrong so we can help
> you figure it out, it doesn't mean the framework  isn't portable, it just
> means you're being silly.

The application gave errors when using
Session
Session::State::Cookie
Session::Store::File
Authentication
Authentication::Store::DBIC
Authentication::Credential::Password

It gave errors when using $c->user in a controller or a template. When not
using $c->user, the program worked well.

I needed to upgrade more modules, and I couldn't make that upgrade from the
beginning, because I couldn't install Tie::RefHash. Finally I have installed
this module using cpan (because it is not available in a ppm format), but
only with "force install" because it gave errors on "make test".
This is ok on the development machine fortunately, but the problem was that
I didn't know what to do to make it work.

Octavian