[Catalyst] IMPORTANT: Catalyst::Plugin::FormBuilder obsoleted by::Controller::FormBuilder

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 11:19:45 GMT 2007

Hi,

Finally I was able to install Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder under
Windows.

I have tried the same thing, but with different results:

ppm s Test-WWW-Mechanize-Catalyst
ppm i 2
Downloading Test-WWW-Mechanize-Catalyst-0.37...done
Unpacking Test-WWW-Mechanize-Catalyst-0.37...done
Generating HTML for Test-WWW-Mechanize-Catalyst-0.37...done
Installing to site area...done
1 file unchanged
1 file updated

So all went fine, with no errors on my computer.
But if I did this for more times, instead of telling me that the module was
installed, it installed it again and again, with no errors, so I didn't know
what's the problem.

Some time ago I have seen that ppm finds the packages if I use :: instead of
"-". For example, it finds the package if I search for:
ppm s Catalyst::Runtime

So I have searched for:
ppm s Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst

Of course, just as I thought, ppm found the packages, and as I just told
you, I've installed it (for more times).

Then I have searched for:
ppm s Test::WWW::Mechanize

But it told me that:
*** no packages matching 'Test::WWW::Mechanize' found ***

So I thought that that package is not vailable on any ppm repository.

But now I have searched for:
ppm s Test-WWW-Mechanize

And of course, it found that package.

So I think it is a bug in ppm because some modules can be found with ::,
others cannot, but the Windows users depend on ppm (unfortunately)