[Catalyst] Browser window/tab independent sessions

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 09:16:03 GMT 2007

On 08/01/07, Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 23:34 +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> > And I think this is what is wanted, because I can't see other needs for
> > having 2 separate sessions on the same computer.

> non-global information, like the current search term, in global storage,
> i.e. a cookie or something tied to a session ID in a cookie.
>
> If you try opening multiple windows on amazon.com, with separate
> searches in each, they will not interfere with each other.  You can page
> through each separately, and your search terms are maintained.  This is
> true regardless of how you opened the window.  That's what this person
> is trying to achieve.

Can you describe how to replicate this behaviour?

I opened the amazon.com link in a new window.
I right-clicked the homepage graphic, and selected "open in new window".
In the first window I did a couple of searches and viewed a couple of books.
In the second window I did a couple of different searches and viewed a
couple of different books.
I couldn't see any "search history" (I wasn't logged in; does that matter?).
When I clicked the "View & edit your browsing history" link in each
window, they both displayed all the books I had viewed in /both/
windows - which as far as I understand, isn't the desired behaviour.

Cheers,
Carl