[Catalyst] number of users

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Tue Jan 9 13:11:26 GMT 2007

It depends what you mean by 'logged on'.

For example, if a user logs into the system, reads a few pages, then
goes to an external web site, or even closes their browser, how would
you know?

What if they come back before their session times out?

The only definition that I would think you could use is how many 'live'
sessions are there and for this you would have to look at your session
store. With Session::Store::File it uses |Cache::FileCache and I can't
see any direct way of reading how many sessions are still active. You
would have to look at the code I think.

|Regards
Ian Docherty (IcyDee)