[Catalyst] Managing CPAN on Ubuntu [was: 'Installing under ...' on the wiki]

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:46:26 GMT 2007

and again from the README (sorry I'll stop spamming the list after this)

"step 3 or 4...

  Build external dependencies

  thartman at linodewhyou:~/pimpmycat/install$ ./install.sh

  -- This is a very thorough install script; takes a long time (maybe
hours) to complete
     It installs a local perl, updates cpan, installs module build,
installs catalyst,
     installs catalyst helpers, installs database programs, creates
sample databases,
     and finally installs various catalyst demo apps which
     should work out of the box. (the last three items are a work in progress)
     This script requires some babysitting, but it gives many hints to
make the installation as user friendly as possible
     If it doesn't work the first time, there is lots of documentation
inside this script
     on how to troubleshoot, work with, and improve it.
     $ ./install.sh "