[Catalyst] serving static files

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:20:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have a Catalyst application that runs under mod_perl2 and I want to serve
some static files, but I want to allow access only to the authorized users.

I have other "free" files that I've put in a directory with the "SetHandler
none" Apache configuration, and they can be served directly, however I also
want serving some files after the users login.

I guess that authorizing the users, then read() -ing the selected file and
serving to the browser is not very efficient, especially under mod_perl.
Is there a better way?

Thank you.

Octavian