[Catalyst] Preferred Ajax framework

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 12:09:46 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:53:50AM +0000, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Downsides: Can get quite slow to load pages.

Yeah, I seem to have been caught out by that. I really like dojo, and
I've not seen any problems with it ... until some changes were rolled
out to a staging server.
Now the page(s) takes ages to load.

I didn't think that the dojo loading block would be a hit every time.
Apparently there's a slowdown with just the following:

    dojo.require("dojo.widget.Dialog");
  </script>

It only seems to happen with one page, so it might be dojo and existing
jscript not playing well together - who knows?
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/