[Catalyst] Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

Carl Johnstone catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk
Mon Jan 15 12:10:04 GMT 2007

>>>>> Leandro Hermida >>>>>
Speed does matter and I believe the original thread question is a valid
one.  Not everyone has the time or the know-how to do wheel reinvention
and write custom daemons (I know I don't).  That's why people write
kernels and libraries and abstraction of lower level things so that
others can build things on top.  Otherwise we would never get anything
done.

So here you're saying that getting things done is more important than pure
speed?

So surely you pick the framework that most helps you get things done rather
than the one that works fastest?

Carl