[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

David Morel david.morel at amakuru.net
Mon Jan 15 21:43:19 GMT 2007

Le 15 janv. 07 à 21:51, Christopher Hicks a écrit :

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 08:27:08PM +0100, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
>> I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be meaningful if it was done
>> well. Not that anyone should choose their framework on the basis of
>> such a benchmark, but it's a factor to throw into the mix

Does that include dynamic content caching wizardry ? It is
meaningless if you don't take into account real-life scenarios like
reverse proxy cache invalidation policies (and tricks). This is just
to say that all this perf talk is meaningless : sometimes the power
you get from a well thought out framework allows you to do things
that are close to magick, speed-wise among others. Comparing simple
setups is ridiculous IMHO.

David Morel