[Catalyst] Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::CatalystBasics Issues

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Tue Jan 16 00:45:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am using Catalyst + DBIx::Class for the first time and was running
through the tutorial located here:

http://search.cpan.org/~jrockway/Catalyst-Manual-5.700501/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/CatalystBasics.pod

I ran into a couple of problems, both having to do with the example
Controller that lists all of the books.

1) "$c->model('MyAppDB::Book')->all" failed.
    "$c->model('MyAppDB')->resultset('Book')->all" worked.

  $c->model('MyAppDB::Book')->all produced the following error message:

  Can't locate object method "all" via package "MyApp::Model::MyAppDB::Book"

  The tutorial says that the two methods should be equivalent.

2) There was no output until I added $c->forward('MyApp::View::TT'); to
the controller.

I am running:
Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS
Perl 5.8.7
Catalyst 5.61
DBIx::Class 0.07005
Template 2.14

I'm guessing that the tutorial is assuming a more recent version of
Catalyst?  The version I am using happens to be the most recent
available from the Ubuntu package repository.

Thanks!

--
Jim Spath
Lead Developer