[Catalyst] [OT] what would constitute a sensible set of benchmarks?

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Tue Jan 16 10:55:04 GMT 2007

Daniel McBrearty wrote:

> so a set of benchmarks would give you the chance to show that
> TIMTOWTDI, and the trade offs that exist between them. That would be
> pretty interesting to someone trying to compare frameworks.

I doubt that this is a simple list of features, but you are free to
prove me wrong :)

> At least, that's a technique that has served well in other branches of
> engineering - you reduce complexity to it's simplest cases, then wotk
> back .... maybe this is fundamentally different and that can't work,
> but at the moment I don't see why. Or any documented attempts to do it
> that have clearly failed ...

Simple: I have yet to see a benchmark of applications or frameworks that
wasn't fundamentally flawed. But as above, I would be happy if Catalyst
would be the start.

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany