[Catalyst] creating binaries

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Jan 17 18:41:06 GMT 2007

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
>       Octavian,  do what you want.  No one is stopping you.  You were
> asking for advice about this and you have been given it.

This is the most insightful comment so far.

Octavian, you got advice on why source encryption isn't a great idea.
If you want to do it anyway, then we told you how -- with PAR or with
perlapp.  We also suggested that you host the code yourself if you're
worried about leaking it.  Lastly, we suggested that you could always
open-source the application; rendering "theft" impossible!

Many experienced people have weighed in on the topic, and it's clear
that source encryption doesn't work for them.  They're using one of the
other two alternatives, and they're mostly experiencing success.

Learn from them; that's why you asked the list, right?  Sometimes the
idea that's stuck in your (anyone's) head is not the best.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,