[Catalyst] Recommend methods for form handling

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Jan 18 19:41:21 GMT 2007

Ian Docherty wrote:
> Jim Spath wrote:
>> Thanks for all the responses guys, they have been very helpful!
>>
>> What about multi-lingual support?  It seems like FormBuilder is my
>> "best" choice if I want to add multi-lingual support down the road.
>>
>> - Jim
> What has FormBuilder got to do with multi-lingual support? I use
> Catalyst::Plugin::I18N::DBIC (shameless plug)
>
> I don't use FormBuilder, I 'roll my own' html which gives me more control.

Well, if you like how FormBuilder does the layout, you might as well let
it do the i18n.  For the rest of the site, though, you'll need something
else, I would imagine.

FormBuilder is rather non-Catalyst-y in the sense that it's a little
bloated.  Removing FormBuilder's built-in templating, i18n, etc. and
integrating them with Catalyst's facilities for these things would be a
nice project.  In the mean time, FormBuilder's default are quite
convenient for most people, especially if you use TTSite.  I like it,
anyway.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,