[Catalyst] Templates in the database

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Jan 19 16:15:58 GMT 2007

Bill Moseley wrote:
> I currently have most templates (TT) on disk -- and many I'd consider
> to be an integral part of the application and are thus under revision
> control with the rest of the application.
>
> But, it would make managing the running application a bit easier if
> the templates were in the database.  But, I don't really want to give
> up revision control.

How about a post-commit hook that copies the templates into the database
when you commit them?  If you want to edit them from the web interface,
then you'll just need to tell your app to commit them before you store
them to the database.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,