[Catalyst] nmake "too long" error installing catalyst on activeperl5.8.8

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Jan 19 20:45:56 GMT 2007

Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> I understood that the version of nmake is too old and that version
> doesn't handle long commands.
> But I couldn't find a newer version than 1.50 which I use.
> (So I am skipping the "make test" command when installing Catalyst).
> =

> Octavian

This isn't just an nmake issue. It's also a Test::Harness/EU::MM issue...

Make sure all of those are up to date. It may fix it. It may not. I
fought this in Handel, and the only consistant fix across versions/tools
was to just not tests =3D> glob t/*.t t/*/*.t in Makefile.PL.

But look at the bright side, we have enough tests to make this problem
happen. That's a good thing.

-=3DChris