[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst::Model::Xapian usage

Adam Jacob adam at stalecoffee.org
Tue Jan 23 18:43:53 GMT 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 5:41 AM, Adam Sj=F8gren wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 19:01:00 -0800, Adam wrote:
>
>> Personally, I wrote my own model to Xapian.  I also wound up re- =

>> writing
>> the query parser, because I needed things like range searching and
>                                                  ^^..       ..^^
> Sounds interesting! Do you care to share your code, or briefly explain
> what is needed to do range searching?

I would be happy to share the code, although it's not really CPAN- =

ready quite yet.   The short version is that implementing things like  =

Range searching and Regular Expressions requires manually walking  =

through the term list, and adding all the terms that match to the query.

It's basically the same way that Xapian's default query parser  =

handles right side wildcarding.  You jump to the point in the  =

termlist to begin, and go until you get past the second condition.

Just for kicks, I've attached the basic class here.  It's taken from  =

part of a larger project, and it definitely has some bugs.  If you  =

decide to improve it, I would love patches.

Thanks!

Adam