[Catalyst] $c->req->base doesn't actually return base

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jan 24 13:00:48 GMT 2007

On 24 Jan 2007, at 12:38, vti wrote:

> Matt S Trout(dbix-class at trout.me.uk)@Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at
> 12:05:11PM +0000:
>>
>> On 24 Jan 2007, at 09:04, vti wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I wish you could help me.
>>>
>>> When I switched from mod_perl engine to CGI engine (due to some
>>> circumstanses) $c->req->base stopped returning actually base url.
>>> Instead it is same as $c->req->uri.
>>
>> (1) Switch to FastCGI if you possibly can, Catalyst isn't optimised
>> for CGI performance
>
> Well, I understand that :) I have no choice in the current
> application.

I doubt that, and since you won't explain why I can only assume
you're wrong.

> Others are working under mod_perl and are feeling alright.
>
>>> Have any suggestions about that? Or am I missing something?
>>
>> (2) Not without some more information, like the webserver and app
>> config etc. and logs. A full dump of %ENV from within the app would
>> probably help as well.
>
> Webserver is apache2.

(1) you should be using the pickup_cgi.pl Catalyst generated, not
your own
(2) You still haven't provided %ENV

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for