[Catalyst] plat_forms contest started -- user feedback requested

Boris Ćeranić zextra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:30:10 GMT 2007

On 25/01/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> On 25 Jan 2007, at 16:50, Boris Ćeranić wrote:
>
> > It would be interesting to see how are they going to survive 30 hours
> > of work... Are they going to catch some sleep at all, etc...
>
> 30hrs isn't really that much for a dev burn - I've pulled shifts that
> long pretty often during heavy hacking without a problem. It's when
> you get to around the 3 day mark without having had more than a
> couple hours sleep that it starts to get painful.

It's not  impossible, I know it myself as well, but things change a
lot when you stabilise yourself (getting up in the morning, and
sleeping during the night)... It takes some time to be able to pull 2
day shifts.

Another questions is concentration as well as productivity rate during
shifts longer than 16 hours.