[Catalyst] Howto combine Catalyst(and TT) developers and Dreamweaver web designers?

Andrew Strader reykjavikingur at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 01:55:36 GMT 2007

Dreamweaver tends to be possessive of the document space and will behave as
though it controls the whole thing from beginning to end. For that reason,
site wrappers may just confuse it. It has its own fancy ways of maintaining
common layout and navigation. I recommend setting it up so Dreamweaver
handles all the presentation code. The HTML it generates is surprisingly
readable, and all you have to do then is make the appropriate data
available. All DW users need to understand is the [% tags %].

On 1/27/07, Bogdan Lucaciu <bogdan at wiz.ro> wrote:

> On Saturday 27 January 2007 13:41, Gert Burger wrote:
> > Now my question is, how does one segment the project/html so that the
> > web designers can easily change static sections of pages while allowing
> > me to actually use TT in a modular way?
>
> you could try something like:
>
> # this is where the designers hang
> lib/wrapper.tt
>
> #misc blocks the designers can include in the sidebar/header
> lib/blocks/newsfeed.tt
> lib/blocks/poll.tt
>
> #each action, wrapped by wrapper.tt
> actions/name/space/action.tt
>
> teach them about [% PROCESS %] and [% WRAPPER %]
>
> --
> Bogdan Lucaciu
> http://www.wiz.ro

> Searchable archive: