[Catalyst] Reaction Authentication

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Jan 29 14:17:33 GMT 2007

On 29 Jan 2007, at 13:12, Jonas Alves wrote:

> I have tried your aproach before. You can't delete the
> 'new_password' and 'confirm_new_password' or the confirm_password
> is not checked against 'new_password'.
> You have to live with the warnings in the error log.
> But it doesn't work for me either. The problem is that
> Reaction::InterfaceModel::Action::User::SetPassword and
> Reaction::InterfaceModel::Action::DBIC::Role::CheckUniques both
> override 'error_for_attribute' and 'can_apply'. So if you have
> unique constraints in your schema they don't get evaluated if your
> class extends from User::SetPassword before ResultSet::Create
> or if you reverse the order then your confirm password is not
> checked. I tried to change the methods from override to augment and
> the super() call to an inner() call but i got following error:
> Moose::Role cannot support 'augment' at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/
> Moose/Role.pm line 138

We almost certainly want to be using roles for all of this with around
() so it can wrap in-place and doesn't automatically jump to superclass.

The current user stuff is mostly a very simple convenience API that
needs its guts factoring out into more easily composable components.
Patches to do so welcome :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for