[Catalyst] DBIx virtual columns depending on database column

Ulrich Leodolter ulrich.leodolter at univie.ac.at
Tue Jan 30 16:38:26 GMT 2007

Hi

I working on a database frontend using Catalyst, DBIx and all the other
goodies.

The schema is loaded from existing MySQL database using
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

The database is not DBIx::Class friendly (multi pk and other things)
but my Catalyst/DBIx setup basically works.
There are many perl scripts (CGI,DBI,print) building an active web
application, so changing the database is currently not an option.

One bad thing is a table having a column person_ids which stores one,two
or three primary keys from another table called person, the keys are
separated by space.

I could write some code to iterate over search results, but i would
like to integrate it into my database model/schema.

I think about virtual columns person1,person2,person3 and
setup relationship for these columns.

How can this be done?

Thanks
Ulrich