[Catalyst] C::C::FormBuilder question

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 30 17:04:59 GMT 2007

On 30 Jan 2007, at 08:48, Carl Franks wrote:
> I was just looking at this last week, as I was using the code as a
> basis for a new controller. I suspect that it's never been tested,
> because as far as I can tell, it incorrectly reads the config from the
> controller object, rather than the application object.

That's what it's supposed to do! This is a feature, not a bug - and
the fact that all the plugin-style ones (HW, DFV etc.) use global
config if frankly a bug in *them* since it makes code re-use much
harder.

If you need common defaults, use a controller base class. Works
beautifully.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for