[Catalyst] Re: How to access current MyApp instance ?

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sun Jul 1 20:27:17 GMT 2007

* Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> [2007-07-01 19:25]:
> Macro?
>
>     [%
>         game_detail_link( Game, 'Click here' );
>         game_history_link( Game, 'View history' );
>     %]

Avoid macros like the plague.

• They share a namespace with variables.

• TT2 only has global variables with dynamic scoping.

• It’s extremely lenient at runtime; you can use function call
  syntax to “invoke” a variable, with no complaints.

Taken together, these mean that you can have hours of fun chasing
down stupid bugs.

Of course, we’ve known since the ’70s or so how to make better
programming languages, but ABW considers templating languages
to be totally different from programming languages, so you get
to be transported back to the ’60s.

Have I mentioned that I hate TT2 with a passion?

</rant>

Regards,