[Catalyst] including InflateColumn::DateTime

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Jul 6 11:23:18 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 02:55:33PM -0400, John Goulah wrote:
> Perhaps this is better for the DBIC list so try not to flame me if I need to
> repost there.

Hint: If your entire question is expressed without any mention of a class
within the Catalyst:: namespace, but two within the DBIx::Class:: namespace,
the answer is probably yes.

We're doing our best to be nice to you, but the reason you're starting to get
flamed is time and again you're clearly not giving basic thought to what area
your problem lies before posting - please try and apply the rule of thumb
above and you'll find you get shot at much less often :)

> The main reason I ask is because I'm using the new SchemaLoader version to
> regen my schema, and altering the line above the md5sum prevents
> modification of that file, so ideally if I could just load this up somewhere
> else that would work better. Also its sort of a pain to add the same exact
> thing to each Schema file where I use Datetime fields-

Have a read through

http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader/lib/DBIx/Class/Schema/Loader/Base.pm#CONSTRUCTOR_OPTIONS

there are a couple to do with base classes, at least one of which I believe
will do the trick for you (working out which one left as an exercise to the
person reading the documentation :)