[Catalyst] html::prototype syntax in new Cat version

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:02:39 GMT 2007

On 7/10/07, John Wang <johncwang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good to know. Do you know which Scriptaculous effects break Google Maps? It
> will be useful for planning for the future.

Sorry, was too long ago to remember the specifics... it was a
mouseover event that attached to the document and thus blocked any
events.  It could even be fixed now.  I remember a lot of
prototype/scriptaculous events clobbered the events rather than
appending to the event list.

> Some of the larger Catalyst-based sites use prototype (or parts of
> prototype) but the ones I've seen don't use Google Maps. Those projects also
> don't ask for prototype help from the Catalyst community. I think some of
> the flames given for prototype usage also prevent others from providing
> assistance. As you say, that's just the way it goes.

Right, and the people who use prototype are aware of the deficiencies
and work around them.  They're not asking for support :)  Marcus is a
smart guy, as evidenced continuously, but I'll never know why he uses
prototype :)

-J.

--
J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...