[Catalyst] Request for text handling advice -- Security, etc

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:22:35 GMT 2007

On 7/12/07, Dennis Daupert <ddaupert at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I'm focusing on form validation issues at the moment, particularly text
> input for stories, articles. I'd like to ask for advice on handling user
> input. I know, for example, it is unwise to trust user input -- but what are
> recommended modules/plugins/etc for securing my Catalyst app?
>
> /dennis

Hi Dennis,

My personal favorite is using Data::FormValidator, which is very
robust and full featured.  A simpler alternative is
FormValidator::Simple.

If you want to actually tie something into form generation and
handling, Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder is the recommended
package.

-Jay

--
J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...