[Catalyst] question about Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Thu Jul 12 23:12:44 GMT 2007

The name of the module implies that it provides Cookie based state
preservation for the Session module.

For compatibility with previous versions, and also because it kinda
makes sense, the default behavior is to set the cookie and the
server side storage to expire at the same time.

If the cookie has browser session based expiration then the data on
the server might disappear before the ID in the client, which kinda
sucks. The inverse is less annoying (stale data on the server) but
might be a problem for high volume sites.

  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418