[Catalyst] Using JQuery in Catalyst

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Jul 15 15:57:16 GMT 2007

Hi folks:

   I am looking at using JQuery in a Cat app we are working on.  Using
Mason for the View.

   Does anyone have a recommendation on the JQuery modules?  I tried
them, specifically the JQuery::Tabs module and the Table module.
Neither one emitted css/js by default.  Moreover, I could not convince
them to emit the css or js.  I could get them to emit simple tables and
simple bulleted lists, but that was about it.

   Are any Cat users using JQuery, and if so, are you doing it on your
own, or leveraging the JQuery modules?  Basically I am looking at them
as an easy way to avoid writing javascript/css for some of the
presentation elements (tabs for example).  Basically I want to hand an
object an appropriately constructed data structure and have it do all
the work of generating the javascript.  I had thought the JQuery modules
did this.

   Advice/guidance sought.

   Thanks.

Joe