[Catalyst] Angerwhale + CPAN

Jonathan T. Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Jul 19 17:09:08 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 02:31:10AM +0000, Yousef AlHashemi wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>       This may be a little bit off-topic as it's more about CPAN than
>  Catalyst, but I've almost always had trouble installing modules that have
>  lots of dependencies with cpan. All I do is simply invoke the cpan shell
>  (with the `cpan` command), and type "install Angerwhale". After installing
>  lots of packages, cpan dies (and hangs without returning to the prompt). The
>  last 55 lines of the cpan output (up to the point where it hangs) are posted
>  here: http://pastebin.com/m69751dc0 . Your help is greatly appreciated it.

It looks like Crypt::RSA failed which caused Crypt::OpenPGP to fail.

Also, why is the output messed up, i.e.:

> *** ExtUtilq::AutoIlstall ilstallation diniqhed.

That should say *** ExtUtils::AutoInstall installation finished.
Also, it looks like some output of various make test runs are
interleaved with each other, leading me to believe that your CPAN.pm is
seriously fucked.  Maybe upgrade to a new version or try CPANPLUS?

Once your CPAN starts working again, manually install Crypt::OpenPGP
and let me know how that goes.  That's the hardest dep to get going,
mostly because the various Crypt:: authors seem to enjoy writing tests
that take 15 minutes to run.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway