[Catalyst] Re: [RHTMLO] RDBO/RHTMLO integration with Catalyst - work in progress

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Sat Jul 21 19:44:23 GMT 2007

Alexandre Jousset wrote on 7/21/07 1:12 PM:
> Peter Karman a écrit :
>> check out Catalyst::Controller::Rose on cpan.
>>
>> It has a different philosophy than what you've described. But if you
>> find features missing that you think would make it more useful, please
>> send me patches/tests/docs etc. You might consider writing a new
>> Catalyst::Controller::Rose::SomeThing to implement what you're
>> describing with YAML.
>
>     I've had seen your modules but I did not check them enough to
> understand what they do exactly. Now I did...
>
>     I'm still studying them to be sure what is the right thing to do...
> But any advice is welcome...

C::C::Rose takes the "thin controller/fat model" approach. Look at the example
app in the t/examples dir to see one implementation.

I prefer to follow the RHTMLO convention of a Perl class for each form, rather
than YAML magic, etc. So C::C::Rose basically is a thin glue between a
Rose::HTML::Form subclass and a Rose::DB::Object subclass (via
Catalyst::Model::RDBO, which is also thin glue).

My approach has been to write just enough code to get RHTMLO and RDBO working in
a Catalyst context, in a generic CRUD fashion. The idea is that my RHTMLO and
RDBO subclasses can exist happily on their own, or pulled into Catalyst with the
thin glue of the C::C::Rose and C::M::RDBO base classes.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com